Today’s Social Media Strategy requires consistent video marketing to create a connection and tell a multifaceted story that just words or audio can’t always accomplish. I’m joined today by Nina Froriep from Clock Wise Productions to discuss what it takes to drive a successful video marketing campaign for a small business, why you need to be creating video, and the biggest mistakes to avoid.
Tips For A Social Media Strategy That Includes Successful Video Marketing Online
- Shorter is better — 90 seconds is ideal for a marketing video.
- Choosing a platform — First, find out where your potential audience goes for their information, then show up there.
- Biggest video marketing mistakes — Inconsistency, investing in too much equipment, and being too high-concept.
- People like real people — be authentic, talk about what you know, be consistent, and give potential customers a feel for what it might be like to work with you.
About Karen Tiber Leland, Social Media Strategist
Karen Tiber Leland is the founder of Sterling Marketing Group, a New York City branding, marketing, and color strategy and implementation firm helping CEOs, executives, and entrepreneurs develop stronger personal, business, and team brands. Her clients include Cisco, American Express, Marriott Hotels, Apple Computer, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
She is also the best-selling author of nine traditionally-published business books that have sold over 400,000 copies and been translated into 10 languages. Her most recent book is The Brand Mapping Strategy: Design, Build, and Accelerate Your Brand. She regularly writes for Inc.com and Entrepreneur.com and has had articles published in Self, The Los Angeles Times, American Way, The Boston Globe, and many others.
Karen has spoken for Harvard, The AMA, Direct Marketing Association, and Stanford, among others. She has been interviewed on The Today Show, CNN, CNBC, and Oprah.
Get in touch with Karen on Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook
About Our Guest
Nina has seen it all from the early days on independent features, to big national TV commercials, corporate mega-shows, and many documentary films, including one she wrote, directed, and produced about Muslim kids in New York, called Abraham’s Children. In short, there’s no film or video production scenario she hasn’t taken care of.
Along the journey, she’s met many, many awesomely wonderful people and a few bad-asses. She’s worked with stars like Sophia Loren, John Malkovich, and Wynton Marsalis, she’s interviewed Fortune 500 CEOs, she’s worked on Emmy award-winning and Emmy-nominated documentaries, and produced hundreds of videos for uber-corporate shows.
She’s negotiated with teamsters, clients (big and small), actors, crew, children, police officers, a few dogs, and one snake.
You can learn more about Nina on her website.
Resources for Social Media Strategy, Brand Strategy, Personal Brand, CEO Branding and Marketing Strategy
At SMG we serve clients across the United States, Europe, and Asia. Currently, we have 3 onsite locations:
- Looking For a New York City Brand Strategist or Social Media Specialist? Book a Consult
- Want a Business Brand Strategy Session in Austin, Texas? Book a Consult
- Need Some Help with CEO or Personal Branding San Francisco Bay Area? Book a Consult